Monday, September 21, 2015

Winchester College

              This summer I went to Winchester College, which is about an hour south of London. The flight was short and the trip went by very quick. When we got to the airport, a representative from the school was there to pick us up to take us to Winchester. Each of us was assigned to a different boarding house, and I really enjoyed getting to know and hang out with the guys in my house. I had a room all to myself, but I could go visit anyone whenever I wanted was almost never in my room except for nights. I toke geography, chemistry, and philosophy, which were all interesting yet easy. Teaching in the UK is much more discussion based rather than lectures, so you are involved a lot more. Also students specialize their last two years so they are not taking every subject. My house was renown for having the best food, which it did, but whenever I was hungry other times I would go into town with friends from my house and classes and enjoy the city of Winchester. There are a lot of great places to eat and explore in Winchester. In my free time after school I tried to get involved in as many sports as possible. I played water polo, cricket, dodgeball, football, and even competed in a track meet and a tug of war. Alec Vest and I also ran up this giant hill most days, which always had its challenges that were rewarded with beautiful views. Though it is quite long being 5 weeks, I had a great time and I made friends I will never forget. I also got to explore many cool activities and places in London. I want to thank the Warner Family, MBA, and Mr. Gioia for letting me go on this life changing trip. 
My housemates

Alec and I in London

Running at the top of St. Cat's

No comments:

Post a Comment