Monday, September 21, 2015

King's School Sydney, Australia

The trip over to Sydney was not a short one as Gray, Conner, George, and I spent over 24 hours traveling from Nashville to Sydney. We were welcomed by our host families and taken to school after a short trip to Bondi Beach. Battling jet lag, we were given our school uniforms and put into our dorm rooms. George, Gray, and I were put in MacArthur Waddy House and Conner was put into Baker House.  It took some time for us to get adjusted to boarding school life, but soon came to love it. Gray and I even participated in the "cross country" which was a race between the different school houses. During the weekends our host families were nice enough to show us an array of activities throughout Sydney. We were taken to an AFL game, a rugby game, the Sydney harbor bridge climb, and the Sydney Zoo. My host family also took me out into the country, mudgee, one weekend to get a taste of life outside of the city.  I am very thankful to Mr. Gioia, Mrs. Warner, and MBA for this truly life changing experience. Unfortunately my phone broke recently and I lost most of my pictures from the trip, but here are a few I was able to salvage.

Henry and I on Manley Beach.
Conner, George, and I prior to a rugby match

The MacArthur Waddy House jersey
Conner, Josh, George, and I after the waratah's game

Holding a baby goat in Mudgee.

2 comments: