Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Lindisfarne College 2015

By Werner Bradshaw


This summer I enjoyed an incredible trip to Hawke's Bay, New Zealand where I attended Lindisfarne College. I would like to thank the Warner family, Mr. Gioia, and MBA for this incredible, life-changing experience.

I was first struck by New Zealand's beauty on my flights from Auckland to Wellington and Wellington to Napier. The views from the plane were incredible.


My host family picked me up from the airport in Napier and took me to their home, which is also a bed and breakfast called "The Verandah." Their house had a large porch with a great view.
The view from the porch

Their house is situated atop Bluff Hill, a very steep and naturally beautiful location. Breathtaking sunsets and sunrises are the norm for Bluff Hill residents, who were much less impressed by the natural beauty than I was.
The sunset on my first day in Bluff Hill

The sunrise on my second morning of school

Lindisfarne, like MBA, is an all boys' school with many rich traditions. While attending Lindisfarne, I studied Geography, Chemistry, Physics, Film, and English. I even got to participate in a policy debate for the school's debate team. 

Other Highlights of my trip include my weekend visit to Wellington, New Zealand's capital city. Wellington is a very beautiful waterfront city with a very unique landscape. While in Wellington, I went to see the ANZAC exhibit in the museum in Wellington, an exhibit I will never forget. 
New Zealand's parliament building in Wellington, "The Beehive"

 Part of the ANZAC exhibit
 A view of the unique landscape in Wellington
Me and a New Zealand flag in front of the parliament building

I also got to go to visit many other great places in New Zealand, including Te Mata Peak, Ocean Beach, and my host family's farm. At my host family's farm, I rode in the back of a pickup truck over some of the most beautiful scenery in New Zealand.

Walking on Ocean Beach with my host family

The view from the top of Te Mata Peak

Visiting my host family's farm was an incredible experience

I would again like to express my sincere thanks to the Warner family, Mr. Gioia, and Montgomery Bell Academy for this incredible experience










No comments:

Post a Comment