Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Conner Gray, The King's School, 2015

This summer I was fortunate enough to travel all the way to the beautiful Sydney, Australia, with my friends Alec Whitson, Gray Adelman, and George Lazenby. We stayed at The King’s School, which had an amazing campus and culture that reminded me of MBA, so I felt almost at home. I knew it would be an amazing experience, but never expected the kind of experiences and memories I would have.
Our travels lasted for over 30 hours and we could not have been more exhausted from the flights, yet we went with our generous hosts to the famous Bondi Beach for breakfast. It was a beautiful morning and just the drive from the airport to the beach was pretty impressive to me because of the vastness and beauty of Sydney.
IMG_7507.PNG
After breakfast, we all headed to school to get all our new equipment for school, including clothes for the various uniforms, computers, schedules, and things for our dorms. It was really exciting to dive into a completely foreign culture and school community since I have been at MBA for so long, so I got to feel what it was like to be the new kid again. My host, Josh walker, and his family were extremely nice and patient with me adapting to the new environment, which really let me feel a lot more comfortable.
The school’s facilities were really nice and I was lucky enough to be in one of their new dorms.
IMG_7228.JPG
IMG_7229.jpg
The first thing we did was an AFL (American Football League) game, which is a form of football, but it has a lot of kicking and hitting and play is continuous. We all went to that with our hosts so that helped us become comfortable with one another, and the game was really interesting and fun to watch!

IMG_7247.JPG
We continued doing a lot of really cool activities and things in addition to school, but the life at school was also fun. Here are some of the pictures I took at a friend's farm and other places.







I would sincerely like to thank Mr. Gioia, the Warner family, and MBA for this amazing experience, as well as my host family and all the great people I met along the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment