Thursday, August 10, 2023

Colin Durelli - Bishops South Africa

This past summer, I took the opportunity to experience the culture of the country and school life in Cape Town, South Africa. I attended Bishops Diocesan School where I took senior classes in order to compare to our senior classes here. The culture of Bishops reflected that of MBA incredibly. The atmosphere of the school was very much similar to that of MBA’s. The boys had passions in the arts and sports, and rugby games were just as crazy as our football games. Outside of school, I was able to experience the culture of South Africa and visit the township of Langa in order to learn some history and partake in service. I tried crazy foods from a kudu burger, to a sheep’s head. My host family was also gracious enough to take me to a game reserve where I got to see lions, a cheetah, giraffes, hippos, and a lot more! One thing that surprised me the most about South Africa was the immense beauty. From the steep mountains, to the frigid water, South Africa’s natural beauty is beyond compare and definitely an experience to remember. It is safe to say that I will be back.



No comments:

Post a Comment