Thursday, August 10, 2023

Britton Busbee - Eton 2023

  As I arrived in Windsor to start my exchange at Eton College, my excitement could not be measured. Now reflecting on my time, I still feel my initial excitement as the memories return. My favorite class was history, which provided an in-depth knowledge of the French Revolution. While learning about the Jacobins during the mornings, I spent my afternoons joining my house of Jourdelays playing the field game. The field game is a sport that was invented by Eton, and the game is a combination of aspects of soccer and rugby. Though it took me a while to understand certain rules of the game, I came to look forward to every match against another house. My nights at Eton were filled with attending the lectures from the experts of every range of profession. The lecture that I enjoyed most was Jane Goodall, who shared her experiences with chimpanzees and her thoughts on the future of our environment. As I reflect on the memories from my exchange, I am thankful for the opportunity to study at Eton and to experience another culture different from America. I will always remember my time living in England, and I hope to one day play the field game again.





No comments:

Post a Comment