Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Bishops Diocesan School - Charlie Warner


Last July, I went to Cape Town, South Africa where I went to School at Bishops Diocesan School and experienced the different culture and school life in South Africa. Bishops and MBA were surprisingly similar as the academics are hard, their sports are important, and the campus’s are alike. The atmosphere and student life was also similar to MBAs. The students were very enthusiastic about the South Africa National teams and other professional sports like us. Outside of school, I was able to see the beautiful city where huge mountains and the beaches surround the city. Although the weather was wet and cold almost everyday, I was able to go to some amazing places. I was able to hike up Table Mountain, surf in the cold Indian Ocean, and serve at a soup kitchen to help the people in the poor townships. On top of that, I went to Cape Point which is the bottom most point in Africa and was able to see ostriches, penguins, and a lot more animals. The natural beauty of Cape Town was truly unbelievable as everywhere I looked was beautiful mountains or an ocean. I am very grateful for my opportunity to go to Cape Town on an exchange. I had a wonderful time seeing the beautiful city and met great friends there. I am very thankful for Mrs. Scholar, MBA, and my host family for this experience.




No comments:

Post a Comment